Powdered form of this plant has amazing health benefits
We know that various food items we consume on a day to day basis have amazing medicinal benefits. Ayurveda, an alternative form of medicine is known to embrace the medicinal qualities of plants and treat various diseases. From food items that can make you brainier to teas brewed from plants that can regulate your blood pressure, we can derive great health benefits from what we eat.
One such food item, usually available in powdered form is Ashwagandha ( also known as Indian ginseng). So what health benefits can you get from using ashwagandha? Apparently many.
- It has anti-carcinogenic (This miraculous drink tackles cancer better than prescription meds and makes you healthy) , anti-inflammatory, antibacterial , anti-depressant and antioxidant properties. Phew, that’s a lot of anti’s.
- It is good for your heart. It can control cholesterol and strengthen heart muscles.
- It is effective against diabetes.
- It stimulates your thyroid glands facilitating the secretion of thyroid hormone.
- It helps in tackling stress. Anti-stress. Another anti.
- It has hemo – poetic properties (the process of blood formation is called Haematopoiesis) which means it supports blood production.
- All the lovers out there, it improves fertility and vitality as well. A natural aphrodisiac.
- It has anticonvulsant properties (last anti , promise) which means it prevents convulsions and seizures.
But do take suggestions from your physician before consuming. Taking it in lots of quantity or usage by pregnant women is not advised.
Going to the market right now.